South Korea’s Everland is crazy family fun that reaches the heights of any theme park in the world. With rides to suit all ages, family fun and adventurous safari park and epic shows put on throughout the day, you will not leave disappointed.
Where is it
Everland is in the Suwon region of South Korea, a good hour out of Seoul. As Everland is a bit out of Seoul, allow a good ninety minutes either way if going from Central Seoul.
How to get there
By train, get off at Gangnam Station line 2. Take number 10 exit to the main street and keep a look out for bus number 5002 that takes you all the way to the Everland Bus shuttles in Suwon. The bus trip is about 45 minutes, depending on traffic.
Activities and Events
Everland provides non stop fun that will keep you occupied for hours where one day is not enough. Activities include,
- Safari world and Hidden Valley: The wildlife area of the theme park, including the Panda section. Take a bus tour through Hidden Valley that takes you though land and water to the mighty wildlife of Africa. The big animals of Africa can be seen such as giraffes, elephants and Zebras to name a few. Also nearby take a ride on the River rafting, it is family fun and at times a little extreme, but be warned you will get wet.
- Stage Shows and Parade: Enjoy a Magic show, the Sea Lion show and the Everland Parade that shows off different floats and dances. Make sure you take time to see the Pride in Korea 3D show that takes you right into the heart of Korean history and Tradition.
- Tulip Festival: Everland changes themes often. During this visit we had the privilege of seeing an amazing Tulip feature that brings colour and amazement to your eyes. Never in your life will you see so many tulips.
- Family fun rides: Enjoy the Rollercoaster, or even the huge Pirate ship, even spoil the young ones on a ferris wheel and baby rollercoasters, Everland is spoilt with many rides that will keep the kids or kids at heart entertained.
- Dining: Much like the rest of Korea, Everland is not short on dining experiences with a host of restaurants at a budget price or for those looking to spend a little more and dine in style.
- Gondola and Chairlifts: Choose one or choose both, reach the heights and get a birds eye view of the great theme
On a side note.
While Everland is full on non-stop activity, be warned that it gets quite acked even on a school day. Waiting times for a ride or event can exceed an hour and even more on a weekend. Be prepared to be patient.