Airports can be a downright pain in the rear sometimes. Especially in transit. Long waits on a seat that at first are comfortable, but after time it feels like you sitting on needles as your back begins to stiffen. You feel fatigued and sleep is near on impossible. There is only so much shopping you can do in duty free stores, only so much you can carry with you and only so much your wallet will allow you to spend.
And don’t get me started if you got kids. It’s worse.
Now I am sorry. This article won’t solve all your transit problem. That is unless you are in a major airport that has accommodation in transit, without having to go through immigration. Now that is pure gold class. That is exactly what the Kuala Lumpur International airport has to offer with the Sama-Sama Express Hotel.
Sama-Sama Express Hotel
The Sama-Sama Express is located in the Kuala Lumpur International 2 airport. A hotel where you can book a room for singles, couples or families in blocks of hours with the minimum being six hours per stay. At a pretty reasonable price.
- The Benefits: As I said you can book in block of hours, it is perfect for the overnight transition, so you wake up feeling relaxed and fresh when you arrive at your next destination.
- What do they have: Showers, a restaurant, bed and a wakeup call so you are not to miss your incoming flight. You would be a fool not to set your own alarm clock.
- The rooms: Very stylish and clean. It is not a small block where you don’t have room to move. The rooms are quite large, you can stretch, do push-ups or move about with ease.
- The Negatives: Not too many negatives. The rooms are not super sound proof and with guest coming and going frequently as you would expect, you can cop a little hallway noise.
- The price: The rooms start at about 245RM for the six hours, convert to your own currency. It then goes up for an hourly rate until you check out.
- Where will you find it: It is located right near the food court on the second level. Right next to McDonalds.
I stayed in Sama-Sama, July 2016 for seven hours. It was my first time in doing so and definitely worth the coin I paid to stay. I recommend it, especially if you want to get to your holiday and the end of the next flight feeing relaxed and ready to go.
* Please note this is not a sponsored post. I stayed and paid for this hotel without them having any knowledge of this article being written. It was all on my own accord.