Words I use for winter, long, wet, depressing, cold and bloody freezing and that is being nice. It’s hard to get out of bed in the morning. It’s hard to get motivated and most of all, winter is just a pain in the you know what. Am I being negative, well perhaps I am, but it’s the way I feel now that September has rolled around.
So Piss of winter, Spring has arrived.
Spring means the birds are chirping, the flowers are beginning to bloom and looking beautiful indeed, but the best part is the days are getting longer and the weather is warming. Which means the barbeques are coming out, the clothes are getting lighter and summer is nearing and that’s when it all heats up.
Now all you readers in the Northern Hemisphere must be thinking I have got my seasons crossed and I have gone completely mad. Not quite, not for this fair dinkum Aussie in the Southern Hemisphere, who has had enough of the miserable winter and is getting excited about what lies ahead as the weather begins to sizzle and the beer is cooling in the ice cold esky.
So here it is, 5 little reasons I am excited for spring.
- The obvious, the skies are clearing and the sun is out. Which means spending more time in the great outdoors with friends and family. Just how life should be.
- Camping season is back again. So get your tents dusted off it is time to put them back up, start a fire a roast some marshmallows.
- Everything looks better. Blue skies, wild flowers, gardens with their flowers in full bloom and lawns are lush and full of green (until it all goes dead in summer).
- Barbeques. The steaks are sizzling and the sausages are turning, everyone loves an old fashioned barbeque.
- Beach weather is nearing. Therefore so is sunbaking, sunburn, beach cricket and beautiful women.
Now last winter wasn’t all doom and gloom, so perhaps I am being harsh. I do remember two wonderful weeks I Koh Samui, Oh that’s right it was hot in Thailand. Never mind then, winter sucked or maybe it was just me and my own opinion.
Am I being Harsh? Is Winter really that bad? What is your favourite season? Tell me in the comments below.