It is an annual event that gets the South West town of Bunbury together. It is a little organised chaos as the crowds gather for different food from all over the world. I speak of the Bunbury Food Truck Fiesta. And for the first time I thought I would take a wonder down to this little festival overlooking the stunning Koombana Bay and give you my few cents worth.
What is it?
Caravans, trailers and stalls all set up for an evening of serving out cuisines of the various international cuisines. With the likes of Mexican, Thai, Vietnamese, Argentinian, Italian, Lebanese and Moroccan, just to name a few. It is a carnival atmosphere as families and friends sit on the grass eating their choice of meal, with a b
and playing in the background at the Graham Bracknell Memorial Music Shell.
What’s good about
- The food is good, delicious in fact, and there is plenty of it. With plenty of variation and that is always a good thing.
- The set-up is well organised and spread out. A permanent stage is set up in the background and kids activities on the opposite side.
- It is electric carnival atmosphere and fun for the whole family as people gather and mingle in great spirits.
- Good old fashioned Aussie music by a live band that provides top entertainment.
The not so good bits
- It is overpriced, no doubt about it. To feed a family of four you are looking at spending a minimum $60. It is a food festival and people should be encouraged to try bit of various international cuisines. When one meal cost an average of $15, it makes it hard to explore different flavours of the world.
- It can be quite a queue and that is hardly the festivals fault. It is a popular event and at the end of the day you need to be patient. But it is worth the wait for tasty food.
The Fair Dinkum Traveller verdict
It is a one day of the year event that gets a large town together. I am glad I went, it was social, the atmosphere was bubbling with lots of happy families and it is a good change to try a different cuisse that you can’t on a normal day in Bunbury. 7/10