Big 4 Holiday Parks are a sensation all around Australia. Naturally, when I got the chance to pack the tent and head to the Southern coast of Western Australia to Denmark. My choice of accommodation was made easy, learning that Big 4 franchise was set up in this lovely tourism town.
The truth is, I had never stayed at a Big 4 Holiday Park before (here is only around 180 in Australia). I had heard all the rage before and on first impressions it didn’t disappoint. It couldn’t because Big 4 get what holiday goers want and they do it in style.
Where is it
Big 4 Ocean beach Holiday Park is in a lovely Southern coastal town of Denmark. Be prepared for a good old road trip though, because Denmark is a good 5 hours from Perth. But worth every bit of your petrol tickets.
Denmark is stunning, with amazing ocean side views, wineries and Breweries. It is full on family fun with great activities to do and all within a short drive of the town centre. Along with great a scenic drive and plenty of cafes and restaurants on offer, you will also feel at home in this boutique town.
Big 4 Denmark Ocean Beach Holiday Park
Denmark Ocean Beach Holiday Park brings great appeal as soon as you arrive. Once you greet the great people behind the reception desk and drive through the gates, you get what all the fuss about. Instantly you are satisfied with your choice and the long drive all seems worth it.
What has it got.
- Kids park and sports area: You won’t miss it as soon as you drive in. a large bouncy trampoline that will keep the kids active, a playground, open parkland to kick the football. Even a little fun for the older kids in us all, with tennis and basketball courts. All the sports equipment can be hired free of charge at reception.
- Luxury Accommodation: You got the money to spend, stay in the luxury chalets. Perfect for families with a couple of rooms inside each chalet. It has all the features you need for staying in such fine rooms such as television, air conditioner and a private bathroom.
Cabins are also available too, it may not look as flash as the chalets but it will still do the same trick and you don’t need to pay as much. Always a bonus.
- Campers Delight: Now camping is what I did. And there is plenty of it. Either for the travellers with tents or those towing a caravan. As usual I chose to pay a few extra dollars for a powered site, I need to charge my electronic goods (after all I am a travel blogger after all). Of course, there is the unpowered sites for those who can live without life’s little luxuries.
- Amenities: For those choosing to camp, on site are communal bathrooms available with suitable showers. On hand is also a camp kitchen with BBQ, stove tops, fridges and dining tables. You are more than covered at Big 4 Denmark.
- WIFI: You can understand getting WIFI when staying in the chalets but to stretch out to all the campers, bonus. How many camping sites have you stayed in that has WIFI? Not many, at least in my experiences.
You’re not alone
At Big 4 Denmark, you are not alone. You may have some furry, hopping friends bouncing around the joint thinking they own the place. The Kangaroos add a great Australian flavour to the site. Just show respect and admire them from afar. You’ll even see a few joeys hop into their mother’s pouches as you approach.
There you have it. All you need to know about Big 4 Ocean Beach Holiday park in Denmark. You’ll have a blast during your stay not only at the holiday park but in the beautiful town of Denmark also. I know I did in my weekend stay, I just wish I stayed longer. Happy Travels.
Fair Dinkum traveller’s review 9/10