Dalat is a beautiful city in the Central Highlands of Vietnam. Surrounded with pristine lakes, stunning gardens, A number of waterfalls and a bubbling town centre. Dalat is a popular tourist choice for holiday goers, with a number of activities to do and attractions to visit.
It may not have the razzle and dazzle of the larger cities in Vietnam. And that is probably a good thing too. This vibrant city will leave you with fond memories that will sit with you long after your holidays is done and dusted.
During my stay in Dalat, I visited some truly wonderful attractions. Naturally, there is so much more to do and see than what is on this list. But for this article, I’m going to put 5 places you must visit in Dalat.
Top 5 Places to Visit in Dalat.
- Dalat star: The artist in you will love this truly magnificent place. The best way to describe Dalat Star is a pit made of clay, carved out and designed to look like a village. Take time to discover a truly unique attraction that has been well crafted to be a tourist hotspot.
- The crazy house: The architecture around the Crazy House is simply brilliant. Designed by one lady, The Crazy House will leave your creative mind in awe as you stroll around this creepy attraction. Not only is it a crazy place to spend an hour to view different structures, it is also a hotel with a few rooms available for those wanting to holiday with a bit of difference.
- Xuan Huong Lake: This picturesque lake is a popular spot to visit for a stroll or a little relaxation. A wonderful 5km walk around the lakes edge with beautiful gardens and cafes to enjoy a coffee with a view. You can also take a ride on the pedal boats on the calm waters at a low cost, or take a horse and carriage and take in the Dalat air.
- Dalat Night Market: The night markets open at 5pm and it is not too different to those markets in other parts of Vietnam. The Markets has all the basics, fruit and veg, butchers, food court, clothing and other merchandise to name a few. The atmosphere is electric in the evening and it is a great way to enjoy the nightlife.
- Dalat flower Park: A beautiful stroll amongst a pristine lake and colourful gardens. This special Flower Park is beautifully landscaped and blooming in fresh flowers, that it feels like spring all year round. It is the perfect spot for two lovers to visit and rekindled the magic, as you enjoy the scenic views inside the Dalat Flower Park.