Family fun is assured whenever you’re in the South West corner of Western Australia. Whether it’s fun on the beach or exploring the tall forests of Caves road. You can’t go wrong with the gang when you take a South West road trip.
Of course, there is a lot more than 5 family fun things to do in the South West, I am only scratching at the surface. However, here is a brief guide to a range of must-do activities for the families in this amazing region.
- Margaret River Chocolate Factory:A Café, play area for the kids and a whole heap of chocolate. So much chocolate that you may need to look after your hips. Family fun is assured at this treat of a chocolate factory, with a large range of sweets and fudges to stuff your face with and a fabulous large outdoor area, so the family can relax. The factory may be a little on the expensive side, but the admission is free and you can also help yourself to the complimentary bowl of chocolate buttons. Yummy.
- Xscape to the Cape:The kids will love place with a number of fun activities to occupy the whole day while the parents sit back and relax with Ice cream. The attraction are plenty at Xscape with bouncy trampolines, mazes, mini golf, indoor playground and electrifying waterslides a few of the fun stuff on available. Xscape to the Cape is in the Dunsborough area of the South West and is a buzz for the whole family, where boredom doesn’t exist.
- Camping the South West:The mighty South West Bush, flowing rivers and Giant Ocean are some of the amazing spots you will be able to pitch a tent in the South West. You can choose the cheaper government owned locations, or seek a little comfort and power in the many holiday Parks in the region. Either way, you can’t go wrong camping with the family in the South West with a whole heap of family fun to be had.
I Highly Recommend Honeymoon Pool in the Wellington National Park for that secluded Australian bush feel with sounds of the river nearby.
- Dolphin Discovery Centre:Learn, explore, feed the sea creatures and even take a little cruise where you have the opportunity to swim with one of Australia’s favourite sea animals, the dolphins. Located in the Bunbury area, The Dolphin Discovery Centre is a popular and affordable choice for families whenever taking a trip down south. It may only take a couple hours of your time, unless you participate in a tour, but it will be an education for the whole clan as the caring volunteers do their best to teach and entertain.
- Busselton Jetty:A jetty with the lot. Go fishing off the side of the pier, or take a stroll down the 1.8km Busselton Jetty where you will find the fascinating underwater conservatory at the very end. If walking the distance of the jetty is not your thing, then take the train ride instead. The jetty looks after everyone’s fitness levels.
Once you done at the jetty, stop in for some lunch or coffee at the Café’s nearby and admire the gorgeous Indian Ocean Views and depending on the time an amazing sunset.
Have some more reading on Western Australia
Follow Fair Dinkum Traveller On Social Media
<?php echo do_shortcode(“