When travellers think of paradise, Bali comes to mind straight away. It is the popular tourist hotspot that understands traveller’s desires and needs when searching for a luxury experience. No destination in the world is perfect, Bali included, but this popular tourist hotspot get tourist from far and wide, which suggest they get it right when it comes to tourism.
When travellers seek to choose a destination that offers luxury, sun and cocktails by the pool, the popular exotic Island of Indonesia is on top of the list. Whatever the occasion, a lovers retreat or a family getaway, Bali is perfectly set up for tourist and it hardly ever disappoints in its pursuit to deliver top level hospitality and in doing so, travellers return year after year.
10 Reasons why Bali is a tourist hotspot
1. Travellers Love Bali – The stats say it all, travellers love Bali and when you love something you come back for more, as often as you possibly can. It’s like dining at a wonderful restaurant with delicious cuisines, you don’t go once, you keep going back for more and that is exactly how other traveller’s feel.
2. The People Rock – Do you ever get out and meet the locals, it is great to learn about the locals values, beliefs and family history. The Balinese locals are no different, they are pleasant folk to have a chat with, so next time you are in Bali, don’t forget to say “hi.”
3. So does the Culture – Like most Asian countries, the culture is obvious from the time you hit the streets. From their beliefs in family values and religion, to the laws of the country, Bali or Indonesia, have their own unique culture that needs to be admired and respected by all visitors. I know it is one thing that I certainly respect about Indonesia and their people.
4. Great Restaurants with cheap food – The key is to choose the right restaurant and not those dodgy ones that will have you sitting on the toilet. The good news is that there are plenty of quality, affordable restaurants where it is easy on your stomach, you just need do your research using TripAdvisor reviews, or find the restaurants where other foreigners are dining, It means it will have a decent reputation.
5. Luxury Resorts that are affordable – Staying in affordable quality resorts, with sparkling swimming pools and sun deck chairs is the dream for most travellers. In Bali, you are spoilt for choices in many ways, whether it is or resorts you are bound to find the perfect accommodation that suites your needs.
6. Fun in the sun – Shorts or singlets for the men, bikini for the women, it is fun in the sun when you make your way to Bali. Beaches, bars and plenty of swimming pools, whatever paradise it is you seek, you can bet your bottom dollar that Bali has it in droves.
7. Cocktails and Beers – Fun in the sun means the drinks come out quite early in the day than anticipated. Whether it is sunbaking at the resort while the bartenders deliver your cocktail, or sitting at pool-bar for countless hours and taking cover from the heat with a Bintang or two, you will plenty of opportunities to refresh your thirst.
8. Relax with a massage – Don’t let stereotype fool, in Bali, you will find plenty of professional, clean and relaxing massage parlours where you can shut your eyes and be pampered in style. For a ridiculous low price, you can have a professional massage that will soothe the body and the mind.
9. Shop till you drop – Absolutely, in some parts of Bali, you will get harassed, in a nice way, to buy some useless item that is certainly not needed, they mean well and it is all harmless. Bargains are bound to be found when wandering the streets, with plenty of souvenirs, jewellery, hats and singlets available in most market stalls. If you want to escape, head to some of the fine shopping malls, a little more expensive, but it is shopping with freedom.
10. It’s Paradise – Quite simple really, Bali is paradise, sure there are some shady places, but no destination is without its fault. Bali is designed for travellers and on most occasions, they get it right. Well, it’s hard to get it wrong when the weather is perfect all year round.
There you have it, 10 reasons why Bali is a tourist hotspot. I am sure there are plenty more reasons to give, but for now I’ll leave you with the ten. Remember, if paradise in the sun, luxury resorts, cheap food and drinks and great people you seek on any adventure, Bali is waiting for you with open arms.
Heading to Bali? Check out TripAdvisor for hotels and Resorts.